These are always on my table at any BBQ. They were one of the first things I learned to cook as a child, many moons ago. They remain a firm favourite. If you have leftover devilled eggs, add them to your mixer bowl along with some fresh parsley or coriander and mix on Speed 5 for 3-5 seconds. Now you have a delicious egg salad to have on a sandwich with some crisp crunchy lettuce! - Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "So simple to make for our picnic, tasted delicious and were the first thing to go! (which I was upset about, as I was looking forward to the leftovers for sandwiches tomorrow!)" - Suzanne
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 25 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- eggs - 8
- water - 600g, for steaming
- mayonnaise - 30g, make your own with the recipe in The Tea Party Issue
- curry powder - 1/2 Tbsp, good quality
- salt - pinch
- fresh chives - to garnish, chopped
- Place eggs (8) into internal steaming basket. Cover with water (600g). Program 20 minutes / 100C / Speed 3.
- Remove the basket carefully. Place the eggs into a bowl and cover with cold water.
- Once cool to touch, peel the shells from the eggs.
- Slice the eggs in half.
- Scoop out the yolks and add to clean and dry mixer bowl.
- Add mayonnaise (30g), curry powder (1/2 Tbsp) and a pinch of salt. Speed 3 / 15 seconds. Remove bowl from base.
- Use a spatula and mix quickly by hand to ensure it is mixed well.
- Spoon or pipe egg yolk mixture into each white egg case.
- Garnish with chopped chives.