Decadent Choc Hazelnut Spread
Whilst the popular choc hazelnut spread that you can buy in any supermarket is originally from Italy, it's a very popular topping for crêpes in France. It's available from the street vendors too! Our version is very decadent but absolutely delicious. Don't worry - we also give a less decadent option in the method as well. Most homemade recipes call for full cream milk and butter so we have changed it to include cream just to make it that little bit more indulgent. This also makes for a great ganache for cake or cupcakes.
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 5 minutes
Makes 1 cup of spread
Cannot be frozen
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place hazelnuts (125g) onto an oven tray.
- Roast until fragrant and skins start to blister and come off. Approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Remove nuts from oven and place into a clean tea towel. Wrap tea towel around nuts. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Using the tea towel, rub the skins off the nuts. Don't worry if some skin remains.
- Place nuts into bowl. Speed 10 / 30 seconds.
- Scrape down sides. Speed 10 / 30 seconds.
- Add chocolate (250g). Speed 10 / 30 seconds.
- Scrape down. Speed 10 / 30 seconds. You can use this as your chocolate hazelnut spread if preferred.
- Add cream (100g). 5 minutes / 50C / Speed 2.
- Store in a large jar and keep in the refrigerator. Use within two weeks.