Decadent Bath Melts
Treat your favourite peeps with these fabulous and affordable handmade bath treats, shared with us by Nicky Gordon from her book The Beauty Mix. They will softly fizz and dissolve while infusing the water with skin conditioning ingredients. Variations for this recipe are endless. Try adding dried rose petals for decadence or finely ground oatmeal to soothe troubled skin. For some extra zing, colour them with mica or natural vegetable powders.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes (incl. setting time)
Makes approx. 12 pieces
- cocoa butter - 55g
- shea butter - 25g
- bicarb soda - 50g
- citric acid - 25g
- cornflour - 25g
- essential oil - 3g (approx. 30 drops) of your choice
- Place cocoa butter (55g) and shea butter (25g) into bowl. Melt 1 minute / 60C / Speed 1.
- In a separate bowl combine bicarb (50g), citric acid (25g) and cornstarch (25g). Transfer into the machine bowl with melted butters. Mix Speed 3 / 30 seconds.
- Add essential oil (3g) along with petals and colouring (if using) and mix Speed 3 / 20 seconds.
- Spoon into mould, taking care that the mixture sinks completely into the cavity. Transfer to the fridge until hard.
- Once set, pop out of the mould and store in an airtight container or cellophane bag for gifting.
- To use, drop one or two into warm running bath water. Hop in, lie back, and enjoy!
Note: A beautiful blend for this recipe is 5 drops jasmine, 4 drops sweet orange and 3 drops pettigrain.