Date and Walnut Cookies
These tasty cookies have been shared with us by Bianca Slade by Wholefood Simply. Chances are good that you have all the ingredients you need for these just sitting in your pantry right now! Go and take a look! You can have these on the table in no time flat.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These are delicious, a great little indulgent sweet snack to have with a cuppa. I'm not really a fan of walnuts, but these were fabulous. Just what I needed after my morning walk!" - Terri
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 12 minutes
Cooking Time 8-10 minutes
Makes 15-25 cookies, depending on cookie cutter size
Can be frozen
- walnuts - 100g
- dates - 10, medjool, seeds removed
- desiccated coconut - 85g
- cinnamon - 1/2 tsp, ground
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp, extract
- salt - pinch
- honey - 10-20g, or rice malt syrup, optional, if needed
- Preheat your oven to 175C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the walnuts (100g) to the bowl. Grind Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Add dates (10), coconut (85g), cinnamon (1/2 tsp), vanilla (1/2 tsp), salt (pinch) and honey (10-20g) to the bowl. Blend Speed 10 / 30 seconds, or until the mixture resembles a fine, sticky crumb.
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl with a spatula.
- Use wet hands to shape the mixture into a ball. Use a rolling pin to roll the mixture out to 5mm.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the cookies and place them onto the prepared tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and leave the cookies to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Eat and enjoy.