Dairy Free Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
The peanut butter and chocolate combo is a favourite for The 4 Blades Mag Team. This recipe was first shared with Peta on a visit to Joe and Bec's place in the winter months, and it has been made many more times since then! Note that you can use crunchy peanut butter (or in fact whatever your preferred peanut butter is) in lieu of the smooth, but you may notice that you have some remaining bits of peanut in the bottom of your mug at the end.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This was a flavour combination I really wasn't sure about... but it was a very pleasant surprise. It wasn't too sweet and was a nice twist on the usual hot chocolate." - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 2 minutes
Cooking Time 6 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
internal steaming basket
- milk of choice - 500g, (*ensure DF if required)
- cacao powder - 20g
- sugar - 4 tsp, or sweetener of choice
- peanut butter - 40g, smooth, natural
- Add the milk (500g), cacao powder (20g), sugar (4 tsp) and peanut butter (40g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 70C / Speed 4, measuring cap on. You can stop the mixer once 70C has been reached.
- Starting at Speed 5, slowly increase to Speed 7 / 20 seconds to froth. Please read your machine’s user manual for the correct method of safely blending hot liquids, as each machine varies.