Dairy and Sugar Free Hot Chocolate Mix
Nothing beats your own homemade hot chocolate mix! We have a version in The Christmas Issue, but we know many of our readers require dairy and sugar free options. So this year we're bringing you our dairy and sugar free hot chocolate mix!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "No added nasties are in this healthier dairy free hot chocolate. I couldn't resist a splash of coconut cream to give it the usual creaminess that I like." - Cindy
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 2 minutes
Serves 6-8 cups
Cannot be frozen
- chocolate - 200g, 80% dark, broken into small pieces (*ensure DF if required)
- coconut milk - 150g, powder
- cacao powder - 100g
- xylitol - 100g, or granulated sweeter of choice
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- Add the dark chocolate pieces (200g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 5 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk powder (150g), cacao powder (100g), xylitol (100g) and salt (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Pulse Closed Lid / Turbo / 3 x 1 second blasts.
- Place into a jar. You may wish to include the instructions below on a gift label before gifting.
To make hot chocolate:
- Combine 2 Tbsp of the mixture with 250g boiling water. You may like to top with a dairy free milk of choice for a creamier hot chocolate. Coconut milk works a treat!