You haven't planned anything for dinner, and it's already 5 pm? This recipe from Alyce Alexandra (alycealexandra.com) will get you by. It is a super quick and simple dish that is full of ingredients you will likely have on hand. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner, but also excellent to be packed into lunchboxes. It tastes great cold too!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A delicious flavoured rice with a lovely curry flavour. A yummy recipe to make plain rice not so plain. Delish!" - Heidi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 2 minutes
Cooking Time 13 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, brown, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- olive oil - 30g
- white rice - 400g, basmati, rinsed
- bone broth - 700g, homemade from beef
- salt - if broth is not already salted
- peas - 100g, frozen
- corn - 100g, frozen, kernels
- curry powder - 2 Tbsp
- Place the halved onion (1) and peeled garlic cloves (2) in the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Add the olive oil (30g) to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1.
- Add the rinsed rice (400g), beef broth (700g), salt (if needed), frozen peas (100g), frozen corn (100g) and curry powder (2 Tbsp) to the bowl. Program 9 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Allow the mixture to stand in the bowl for 10 minutes before serving.
Make your own!
*Make your own curry powder with the Curry Powder recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue.