Curried Veggie Pie with Rice Topping
What should you do with leftover curry? Turn it into a delicious pie, of course! This isn't just any old pie, though–it has a crispy basmati rice topping that gives this dishan added crunch. This is a great way to stretch a meal and still fill everyone up at the same time.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Loved the softness of the casserole against the crunchy texture of the baked rice on top." -Terri
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 48 minutes
Can be frozen
- Curried Vegetable Casserole - 1 batch
- Rice topping:
- butter - 40g (*can use oil for DF)
- paprika - 1.5 tsp
- white rice - 250g, Basmati, rinsed well
- water - 800g, hot
- egg - 1, large, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a large pie dish.
- Place butter (40g) and paprika (1.5 tsp) into bowl.
- Place the rice (250g) into the internal steaming basket andset it into place. Pour hot water (800g)over the top. Program 18 minutes / 100C / Speed 4, measuring cap on.
- With your spatula, carefully remove the basket with the cooked rice and drain the water from the bowl.
- Transfer the cooked rice and egg (1) to the mixer bowl. Mix on Reverse+Speed 2 / 5 seconds to combine.
- Pour the leftover Curried Vegetable Casserole into the pie dish.
- Pour rice over the top in a 2cm thick layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the rice forms a crust and casserole is heated through.