Curried Vegetable Casserole
Nothing says comfort food like a big, warm bowl of curry. This curry contains only vegetables, and we think it is just as filling, flavoursome and hearty as one made with meat. Make this the night before, let the flavours develop in the fridge overnight, then reheat the next day for a superquick meal on a cold night.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This recipe shows you just how easy it is to use your thermo mixer to steam and cook a yummy sauce simultaneously! This recipe is full of flavour and is versatile too. Use whatever vegetables you have in your fridge." - Claire K.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + 10 minutes resting time
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- onions - 2, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 4, peeled
- ginger - 3cm piece, peeled and chopped
- chilli - 1, roughly chopped (can deseed if preferred)
- coconut oil - 40g
- curry powder - 2 tsp (can use mild to hot, based on your preference)
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked black
- cloves - 1 tsp, ground
- paprika - 1 tsp
- vegetable stock - 30g, paste
- water - 200g
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, or fresh, diced
- brown sugar - 20g, or palm sugar
- sweet potatoes - 200g, peeled and diced
- cauliflower - 300g, broken into florets
- carrots - 200g, diced
- corn - 200g, baby, halved
- capsicums - 2, red, chopped into large chunks
- spinach - 60g, baby, leaves
- Add onions (2), garlic cloves (4), ginger (3cm piece) and chilli(1) to bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (40g), curry powder (2 tsp), pepper (1 tsp), cloves (1 tsp)and paprika (1 tsp) to the bowl.Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Speed 2, measuring cap off.
- Add stock paste (30g), water (200g), tomatoes (400g) and brown sugar (20g) to the bowl.
- Add the sweet potatoes (200g) to the internal steaming basket and set it into place.
- Place the cauliflower florets (300g), carrots (200g), corn (200g)and capsicums (2) into the steaming attachment upper tray. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 20 minutes/ Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Remove the steaming attachment. Tip the steamed sweet potatoes into the bowl. Gradually increase speed to Speed 6 / 20 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Tip the sauce into a serving bowl, then add steamed vegetables and spinach (60g) and stir to combine. Allow to sit for 10 minutes to soak up flavours, then serve.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.