Curried Tuna Rice Slice
A quick and easy lunch slice that is tasty but also versatile – you can add more vegetables or even bacon, if you want. Yum!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A cheap, easy and filling snack or lunchbox filler." - Karen
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Makes 12 slices
Can be frozen
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- onion - 1, peeled and roughly chopped
- curry powder - 2 tsp*
- oil - 40g
- fresh coriander - 1/4, small, bunch, roughly chopped
- tuna - 425g tin, brine, drained
- eggs - 4
- yoghurt - 100g, plain
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- white rice - 270g, cooked
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2) and chopped onion (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the curry powder (2 tsp) and oil (40g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the chopped coriander (1/4 bunch), drained tuna (425g tin), eggs (4), yoghurt (100g), salt flakes (1 tsp) and cooked rice (270g) to the bowl. Mix on Reverse+Speed 2 until combined. You may wish to add a little more salt if you did not use tuna in brine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into slices.
- Wrap and place into the lunchbox.
Make your own!
* Make your own curry powder with the Curry Powder recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue.