Curried Sweet Potato Salad
Potato salad is always a hit, whether for a midweek meal or for entertaining. We put a delicious twist on traditional potato salad by combining a good quality curry powder and some delicious sweet potatoes. Take this to your next BBQ and impress everyone! Adjust the quantity of curry powder to suit your taste.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "We loved this recipe served warm as a great alternative to traditional potato salad." - Kylie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 22 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- sweet potato - 1kg, peeled and diced into 2cm cubes
- water - 700g, hot
- mayonnaise - 200g, egg, whole (*can use EF; make your own with the Mayonnaise recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue or the Egg Free Mayonnaise recipe from The Tea Party Issue)
- curry powder - 1 Tbsp, good quality (make your own with the Curry Powder recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue)
- salt - 1 tsp
- sultanas - 80g
- fresh parsley - 15g, or fresh coriander, finely chopped
- spring onions - 4, thinly sliced
- Place the diced sweet potatoes (1kg) into the steaming attachment lower dish. Add water (700g) to the bowl. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 22 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 3.
- Remove the steaming attachment and drain the water from the bowl. Place the potatoes into a large serving bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise (200g), curry powder (1 Tbsp), salt (1 tsp), sultanas (80g), parsley (15g) and spring onions (4) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Add the dressing to the potatoes. Stir to combine.
- Place the bowl into the refrigerator to chill.
- Serve cold.