Curried Coconut Chicken Soup
A great recipe to make, portion out and freeze in individual portions for a delicious lunch on the run. There's no shortage of flavour here! To make this stretch even further, you may like to add some cooked rice to the soup.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A delicious soup, full of flavour and goodness. A great way to use the whole machine and get dinner on the table in under an hour." - Kristen
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 29 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
steaming attachment, lower dish and upper tray
large serving bowl
- onion - 1, large, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 4, peeled
- coconut oil - 25g
- paprika - 1 Tbsp
- garam masala - 2.5 tsp
- cumin - 2 tsp, ground
- dried coriander - 2 tsp, ground
- turmeric - 1 tsp
- curry powder - 3 tsp
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, diced
- coconut milk - 800g tin, good quality
- vegetable stock - 100g, paste, or stock paste of choice
- chicken thigh - 600g, diced
- carrot - 2, halved and thinly sliced
- broccoli - 1 head, cut into small bite-size florets
- fresh coriander - leaves, chopped, to serve
- Variations / Serving suggestions:
- rice - cooked, to add at the end
- Add the peeled and halved onion (1) and peeled garlic cloves (4) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the coconut oil (25g), paprika (1 Tbsp), garam masala (2.5 tsp), ground cumin (2 tsp), ground coriander (2 tsp), turmeric (1 tsp) and curry powder (3 tsp) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the diced tomatoes (400g tin), coconut milk (800g tin), stock paste (100g) and water (up to the maximum fill line) to the bowl.
- Add the diced chicken (600g) to the steaming attachment lower dish. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 23 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Add the sliced carrots (2) and broccoli florets (from 1 head) to the steaming attachment upper tray. Set the steaming attachment back in place. Program 6 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 3.
- Carefully pour the soup into a large serving bowl. Add the steamed vegetables.
- Add the steamed chicken to the mixer bowl. Shred Reverse+Speed 4 / 3 seconds.
- Add the chicken to the serving bowl. Mix to combine.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves.