Cucumber Mint Sorbet
For a change of pace from the fruity sorbets, we looked to Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina. She shows us how refreshing frozen cucumber can be. It makes for the perfect palate cleanser between courses at your summer degustation. Feel free to deseed the cucumber if you wish, but by the time you blitz it in the mixer, you will find that the texture is pretty smooth.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This has a refreshing and cleansing taste." - Kristen
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes + overnight freezing time
Can be frozen
- caster sugar - 150g
- water - 150g
- cucumber - 300g, peeled, diced and frozen
- fresh mint - handful, leaves
- egg white - 1
- gin - optional (see Step 4)
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (150g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- To the caster sugar (150g), add water (150g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 80C / Speed 2. Allow to cool, then freeze into ice cubes overnight.
- When you are ready to make the sorbet, add the sugar ice cubes (300g), frozen diced cucumber (300g), mint leaves (handful) and egg white (1) to the bowl. Program 1 minutes / Speed 10, using your spatula to help through the hole in the lid.
- Serve immediately. It can be refrozen but will get quite solid, unless you add a dash of gin to the mixture!