Cucumber Avocado Salad
This basic, yet delicious, recipe is the perfect addition to your BBQ Fiesta as it perfectly balances the spices used in some of the other recipes. We paired it with the Argentinian Beef with great success. We won’t be surprised if this makes its way to your weekly rotation! If you are looking for a quick side, don't worry about grilling the lime first, but if you have the BBQ going anyway, it makes a delicious addition to the flavour profile!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This refreshing and flavoursome salad is simple and quick to make. It would perfectly complement any BBQ, picnic or family dinner. We also used it to dip crackers, veggie sticks and chips into." - Sharree
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Serves 4 as a side
Cannot be frozen
- lime - 1, halved
- cucumbers - 2, Lebanese
- avocado - 1
- spring onion - 1, chopped into 3-4 pieces
- fresh coriander - small bunch, leaves, approx. 15-20g
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- olive oil - 1 tsp
- Fire up the BBQ and cook the halved limes flesh side down.
- Slice the cucumbers (2) in half lengthways, spoon out the flesh in the middle and the slice the cucumber into half moons, about 5mm thick. See gallery for images.
- Slice the avocado (1) lengthways so that the avocado is in two parts. Remove the seed. Make incisions through the flesh lengthways and widthways so that the flesh is criss crossed.
- Add the spring onion (1) and coriander (small bunch) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 3 seconds.
- Scoop out the avocado pieces away from the skin (from 1 avocado) into the bowl and add cucumber pieces to the bowl, salt flakes (1 tsp), oil (10g) and juice from 1/2 grilled lime. Combine Reverse+Speed 4 / 1 second.
- Transfer to your serving dish or plates and top with juice from the remaining half of the grilled lime. Season with salt and pepper if desired.