Crusted Rack of Lamb
If you are planning to have a fancy dinner at home, this rack of lamb is the perfect candidate for you. It is made with a crust of delicious herbs and breadcrumbs to make the ideal main. Serve it with beans and potatoes and you have an exquisite dinner for two at home. No need to get ready for the restaurant.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Great recipe with fresh flavours. Works well on lamb chops if you don't want to do the rack of lamb." - Heidi
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Serves 2-4, depending on accompaniments
Cannot be frozen
- rack of lamb - 1
- olive oil - 40g
- mustard - 20g, wholegrain
- bread - 1, stale roll (*or 50g GF breadcrumbs)
- fresh parsley - 10g
- fresh mint - 10g
- fresh rosemary - 2 stalks, leaves only
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - pinch, black, ground
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place the lamb rack on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Rub it all over with oil (20g only) and mustard (20g).
- To make the crust, place the bread roll (1), parsley (10g), mint (10g), rosemary leaves (from 2 stalks), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (pinch) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 3 seconds. Pour in a small bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil (20g) in a large frying pan and once it's hot, brown the lamb on all sides. Place back on the baking tray and cover with the crumbs. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the inner temperature of the meat reaches 55C.
- Serve immediately.