- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Serving: Serves more than 10
Crunchy Thyme Crackers
Thyme is such a versatile evergreen herb. It adds so much flavour to soups and roasts, and it goes perfectly with any kind of pork or chicken dish. Wherever you use oregano, you can use thyme. These crackers are a great way to use up some of this delicious herb. Crunchy, delicious and flavoursome. They are a great addition to an antipasti platter.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Super yummy and so easy! Will definitely be adding these to the next cheese platter." - Christina
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Makes 40+ crackers
Dough can be frozen
- bakers flour - 330g, or plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- water - 120g, warm
- olive oil - 60g
- fresh thyme - 4 Tbsp, leaves, plus extra to top
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
- dried onion flakes - 1 Tbsp
- salt flakes - 1 tsp, plus extra to top
- egg - 1, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place bakers flour (330g), water (120g), olive oil (60g), thyme (4 Tbsp), garlic powder (1 tsp), onion flakes (1 Tbsp) and salt (1 tsp) into the bowl. Program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead with your hand to form a smooth ball.
- Divide the dough into two balls and roll one ball out on the baking mat or tray you will be baking on.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle. Roll very thinly. The thinner it is rolled, the crispier the cracker will be.
- Using a pizza cutter or spatula, cut the dough horizontally and vertically to make long, thin rectangle crackers.
- Repeat for the second ball of dough on the other tray.
- Brush both trays of crackers lightly with the egg (1) and sprinkle a little extra thyme leaves and salt over the top.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, or a little longer to cook the middle crackers. Remove the cooked ones from around the edges and let the middle crackers cook a few minutes extra if needed, so that they are nice and crispy.
- Place onto a wire cooling rack before storing in an airtight container.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites