Crunchy Carrot Beetroot Salad with Orange, Feta & Mint
Basically this salad came about by putting Bec’s favourite flavours and textures into one salad. It has a great crunch to it, but every now and again you get a delightful little citrus burst from the orange, or a creaminess from the feta. Not only is it quick and tasty, but it really looks pretty too! Top with some extra feta and fresh mint leaves for presentation.
We featured it in Episode 92 of the podcast: Simple Summer Thermomix Salads 3.
The hot tip is to cut your oranges as specified. Yes, it might seem a bit pedantic, but it really will make a difference. This is commonly brought out at family functions, not just made by us, but also other family members. It’s so fresh, and enjoyed by everyone. The flavours also come together to form a delicious dressing.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "So delicious! A really quick, easy and fresh accompaniment to our BBQ dinner. My husband said he would have eaten the whole bowl if given half the chance." - Annie
Quick Dinner Option: Pan fry some chicken tenderloins to serve with this salad. Add a handful of rocket or baby spinach for some extra greens.
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- oranges - 2
- fresh mint - handful
- carrots - 250g, in large chunks
- beetroot - 250g, peeled, in large chunks
- feta cheese - 100g, crumbled or diced (*can omit for DF)
- balsamic vinegar - 10g
- olive oil - 10g
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- fresh mint - extra, to serve
- feta cheese - extra, to serve
- Prepare your oranges by cutting off the rind and pith, slicing, and then quartering. Take a look in the gallery above for how to prepare the oranges.
- Add mint (handful), carrot (250g) and beetroot (250g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 10 seconds, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Add prepared oranges, feta (100g), balsamic vinegar (10g), olive oil (10g), salt and pepper. Combine Reverse+Speed 4 / 2 seconds.
- Transfer to your serving dish and top with extra fresh mint and feta to garnish