Crunchy Asian Salad with Chilli Macadamia Dressing
This delicious salad has been shared with us by Gabrielle Tobin from Kitch’n Thyme. It is absolutely perfect for the summer months. Fresh, crispy, crunchy, colourful, quick and yummy! You really can't beat that. Packed with flavour, this dressing is one of the the quickest, yummiest and creamiest you will come across.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A showstopping salad that would be the star of any BBQ! Colourful, easy and super tasty!" - Lauren
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Chilli macadamia dressing:
- macadamia nuts - 80g, roasted
- olive oil - 100g
- chilli - 1, red cayenne, deseeded
- ginger - 2cm piece, peeled
- garlic cloves - 1-2, peeled
- honey - 2 tsp
- apple cider vinegar - 2 tsp
- tamari - 2 tsp
- lime - 1/2, juice only
- salt - 1 tsp
- cabbage - 300g, white or wombok, shredded
- cabbage - 200g, red, shredded
- choy sum - 1 bunch, shredded
- cucumbers - 2, Lebanese, deseeded and sliced diagonally
- carrot - 1, shredded
- capsicum - 1/2, red, sliced thinly
- shallots - 4, peeled and sliced thinly
- snow peas - 125g, cut into thirds diagonally
- corn - 1 fresh cob, kernels removed
- radishes - 6, red, thinly sliced
- fresh coriander - 1/2 bunch, leaves only
Chilli macadamia dressing:
- If you need to roast your nuts: preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the macadamia nuts (80g) onto the prepared tray and roast until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Place a small jug onto the mixer lid and weigh the olive oil (100g) into the jug. Set aside.
- Add the roasted nuts (80g), deseeded chilli (1), peeled ginger (2cm piece) and peeled garlic cloves (1-2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Add the honey (2 tsp), apple cider vinegar (2 tsp), tamari (2 tsp), lime juice (from 1/2 lime) and salt (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 3. While the blades are turning, slowly pour the reserved olive oil onto the lid, letting it drizzle into the bowl. Set aside.
- Add the shredded white cabbage (300g), shredded red cabbage (200g), shredded choy sum (1 bunch), sliced cucumbers (2), shredded carrot (1), sliced capsicum (1/2), sliced shallots (4), sliced snow peas (125g), corn kernels (from 1 cob), sliced radishes (6) and coriander leaves (from 1/2 bunch) into a large serving bowl. Toss well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving, to avoid making the salad soggy.