- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- Serving: Serves 04-06
Crispy Chicken Cobb Salad
This is a meal all on its own! Add this salad to the lunchbox for a filling midday meal that rivals what you may find in your favourite cafe.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Divine! This is a wonderful salad, full of flavours and textures that blend well together with a tangy sauce that zings." - Kristen
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 12-15 minutes per batch
Cannot be frozen
- bread - 4 slices, day old (*can use GF)
- dried mixed herbs - 2 Tbsp
- Parmesan cheese - 200g, cubed
- chicken tenderloins - 400g
- eggs - 2, lightly beaten
- oil - for frying
- lettuce - 1/2, iceberg, finely chopped
- cherry tomatoes - 200g, halved
- cheese - 100g, grated
- eggs - 5, hardboiled, peeled and diced
- bacon - 2, rashers, cooked until crispy and diced
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- fresh chives - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- fresh dill - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- mayonnaise - 80g, whole, egg
- buttermilk - 20g
- If you need to grate your cheese for the salad, add cubed cheese (100g) to the bowl and grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- If you need to boil your eggs, add hot water (500g) to the bowl, add eggs (5) to the internal steaming basket and set the basket in place. Program 14 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1, measuring cap on. Once finished, set the eggs aside to be peeled and diced once cooled.
- Add the bread (4 slices), mixed herbs (2 Tbsp) and cubed Parmesan cheese (200g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 10 seconds. Pour out into a shallow bowl.
- Wash and dry the bowl.
- Place the beaten eggs (2) into a second shallow bowl.
- Coat each chicken tenderloin (400g) in egg, followed by the crumb mixture. Coat each strip well.
- Add oil to a frying pan and cook a few strips at a time for 6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly and slice each strip into 5 pieces.
- Add the cooked chicken, chopped lettuce (1/2 head), halved cherry tomatoes (200g), grated cheese (100g), diced hardboiled eggs (5) and diced bacon (2 rashers) to a large serving bowl. Mix gently to combine.
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1), chopped fresh chives (2 Tbsp), chopped fresh parsley (2 Tbsp), chopped fresh dill (2 Tbsp), salt (1 tsp), pepper (1/2 tsp), mayonnaise (80g) and buttermilk (20g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 5 seconds.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites