Crio Brü Fruit Bread
This is another superstar recipe from Tenina's ‘What’s for Breakfast?’ eBook that goes perfectly with her French Toast with Lemon Mascarpone.
“This has become an absolute fave in our house. Better than raisin toast, better than hot cross buns, and so more-ish, it may be wise to make a double batch...just saying.” - Tenina
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without: Dairy
Preparation Time 2 hours
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Makes 1 loaf
Can be frozen
- yeast - 1 sachet dried (or 2 tsp)
- honey - 20g raw + 30g extra
- water - 300g
- Crio Brü - 30g dry granules (not pre-brewed in other words)
- bakers flour - 500g
- salt flakes - pinch, pink
- seasoning of choice - 2 tsp mixed ground, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom, allspice, ginger
- butter - 20g, plus some more for brushing (*or dairy free spread)
- berries of choice - a generous handful, dried
- Place yeast (2 tsp), 20g honey (20g) and water (300g) into bowl.
- Warm 2 minutes / 37C / Speed 2.
- Add Crio Brü (30g), flour (500g), salt (pinch), remaining honey (30g), spices (2 tsp) and butter (20g) to the bowl. Blend Speed 6 / 10 seconds.
- Program Closed Lid / 2 minutes / Kneading Function.
- Add dried fruit (handful) and program Closed Lid / 1 minute / Kneading Function.
- Turn out onto floured bread mat and roll into tight ball. Wrap and allow to rise to double it’s size.
- Cut the dough in half and roll into two small loaf shapes. Place side by side in loaf tin. Cover and keep in draft free place to rise until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- When loaf has risen to top of the tin, place into the oven and reduce heat to 200C. Cook 15 minutes until golden and sounding hollow. Brush with melted butter immediately.
Note: This is ideal when toasted, with lashings of butter or homemade jams. And a cup of hot Crio Brü of course!