Creamy Vegetable Korma
Vegetable korma is a favourite for many on take away night. The delicious flavours of cardamom, cumin and coriander work so well with vegetables such as potato, cauliflower and carrots. This is best served over a big bowl of steamed basmati rice. What we love about this dish is that it tastes even better the following day, so be sure to keep some leftovers!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Great amount of heat for me, as I don't like things too hot. I love that you can use whatever veg you have in the fridge!" - Terri
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy / Nuts
Total Cooking Time 55 minutes
Can be frozen
- almonds - 20g, almond meal or (*omit for NF)
- cardamom - 3, pods
- cumin - 1.5 tsp, seeds
- dried coriander - 1.5 tsp, seeds
- turmeric - 1/2 tsp, ground
- chilli - 1, green, deseeded
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- ginger - 3cm, piece of fresh, peeled
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- oil - 20g
- vegetables of choice - 800g, mixed, diced into bite-size pieces (e.g. cauliflower, carrot, potato, sweet potato, zucchini)
- peas - 200g, frozen
- water - 300g
- vegetable stock - 40g, paste
- yoghurt - 200g, plain (*can use DF)
- Add the almonds (20g) to the bowl. Grind Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside. Alternatively, you can use almond meal.
- Add the cardamom pods (3), cumin seeds (1.5 tsp) and coriander seeds (1.5 tsp) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Empty the cardamom pods so that the seeds are in the bowl, then discard the casings.
- Put the lid on and place a piece of paper towel between the lid and the measuring cap. Grind Speed 10 / 30 seconds.
- Add the turmeric (1/2 tsp), chilli (1), garlic clove (1) and ginger (3cm piece) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the onion (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add the chopped mixed vegetables (800g), frozen peas (200g), water (300g) and stock paste (40g) to the bowl. Program 15 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Add the ground almonds (20g) and yoghurt (200g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap on.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.