Creamy Tuna Pasta Bake
This is my go to dinner when I just can't be bothered cooking and want to be out of the kitchen ASAP. The bonus is that the kiddies love this and I know they will gobble up every last bit. You can completely leave the crumble off if preferred or just top with a little grated cheese. - Peta
No: Egg / Nuts (please check pasta for egg content if necessary)
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- pasta - 300-500g, small, shapes of choice, depending on if you prefer a wetter or drier pasta bake (*this was tested with traditional pasta. GF can be substituted but won't keep it's shape as well)
- milk - 500g
- plain flour - 50g (*can use GF)
- butter - 50g, cubed
- fresh parsley - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- fresh chives - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- mustard powder - 1 tsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- tuna - 425g can, in springwater or brine, drained
- Crumble topping:
- bread - 5, slices, Turkish bread works really well
- Parmesan cheese - 100g, or cheddar cheese
- dried parsley - 1 Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Cook pasta on the stove according to the packet directions.
- Place bread (5 slices), parmesan cheese (100g) and parsley (1 Tbsp) into bowl. Speed 8 / 8 seconds. Set aside.
- Add milk (500g), plain flour (50g), butter (50g), parsley (1 Tbsp), chives (1 Tbsp), mustard powder (1 tsp) and salt (1 tsp) to bowl. Program 9 minutes / 90C / Speed 4.
- Add tuna (475g) to sauce. Mix Speed 7 / 10 seconds.
- Combine drained pasta and sauce together.
- Pour into a large oven proof casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with crumble topping.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the crumble is golden and crunchy.
- Serve with Potato and Zucchini Soup and steamed vegetables.