Creamy Tomato Tuna Pasta
Need dinner on the table in under 30 minutes? This is the meal for you! What is great about this pasta is that there isn’t anything fancy in it – it’s budget friendly and makes a lot too. This is enough sauce for 400g of pasta, but you can certainly make double the sauce if you need to feed more. This recipe comes from TRTLMT.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This was a delicious bowl of home cooked comfort food. I served it with a crisp green salad on the side. We loved it!" - Claire
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 14 minutes
Can be frozen
- pasta - 400g, dried, small shapes (*can use GF)
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- vegetables of choice - optional
- butter - 10g
- tuna - 425g, drained, tinned
- cream - 300ml
- tomato paste - 120g
- vegetable stock - 1/2 tsp, paste
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Cook the pasta (400g) according to packet instructions. Drain once cooked. You can continue preparing the recipe while the pasta is cooking.
- Place the peeled and quartered onion (1), peeled garlic cloves (2) and vegetables of choice (if using) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the butter (10g) to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the drained tuna (425g tin), cream (300ml), tomato paste (120g), stock paste (1/2 tsp), chopped parsley (2 Tbsp), salt and pepper to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Pour the sauce over the drained pasta and mix to coat well.
Make your own!
*Make your own stock paste with the Odds and Ends Stock Paste recipe from The Make Your Own Subscriber Bonus Issue.