- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Serving: Serves 04-06
Creamy Tomato and Basil Spread
If you want a great dip for your next brunch, look no further than this creamy spread, shared with us by Alyce Alexandra from her book Everyday Thermo Cooking. We also think this spread would be extremely delicious over toasted sourdough bread and topped with a poached egg. Try adding some of your favourite fresh herbs!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Big thumbs up from all the adults here! It tasted so fresh and delightful. The basil really makes it." - Sandra
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Makes 1 cup
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- fresh basil - handful, leaves
- cream cheese - 150g, roughly chopped
- semi dried tomatoes - 150g, in oil, drained
- olive oil - 20g, (can use oil from the tomatoes)
- Serving suggestions:
- bread - sourdough, (*can omit or use GF)
- salad greens
- deli meats
- smoked salmon
- Add the basil leaves (handful) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the chopped cream cheese (150g), drained semi dried tomatoes (150g), olive oil (20g) and salt to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix Speed 4 / 30 seconds, or until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Make your own!
* Make your own sourdough bread with the Cheat's Sourdough Bread recipe from The Breakfast Issue.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites