Creamy Roast Pumpkin and Pine Nut Pasta Bake
We made this pasta bake with our grain free pasta recipe for the Philips Pasta Machine. Tell you something, that pasta machine and our Thermomix? A match made in heaven. The best things about this pasta bake are…
It makes a heap.
It’s super creamy, but can be made gluten free!
Of course you can make your own pasta like we did, but we’ve written the recipe in such a way that packet pasta will absolutely do the trick.
We featured this recipe in Episode 148 of The 4 Blades podcast.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- pumpkin - 500g-1kg, peeled and diced into 2-3cm cubes
- leek - 1, white part only
- olive oil - 15g
- cauliflower - 500g, florets
- water - 400g
- vegetable stock - 75g, paste
- pasta - 400g, dried
- chicken thigh - 600g, pieces
- milk of choice - 300g
- yoghurt - 50g, plain or coconut cream
- pine nuts - 1/2 cup, toasted
- baby spinach - 2 handfuls, leaves
- cheese - 130g, grated, omit for DF
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place diced pumpkin (500g-1kg) on lined baking trays, drizzle with oil and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Add leek (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add olive oil (15g). Program 3 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1.
- Add cauliflower florets (500g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add water (400g) and stock paste (75g) to the bowl. Program 20 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, MC on. You can continue on to the steps below while the sauce is cooking.
- Cook pasta (400g) as per packet instructions.
- Cook chicken thigh pieces (600g) on the stove.
- Once the sauce is finished, add milk (300g) and yoghurt or coconut cream (50g) to the mixer bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 30 seconds, measuring cap on.
- Combine cooked pasta, toasted pine nuts (1/2 cup), cooked chicken, baby spinach leaves (2 handfuls) and roasted pumpkin in a large casserole dish. Gradually pour sauce into the dish, stirring through.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese (130g).
- Bake for 30 minutes, lid off.