Creamy Pasta Salad
I am always asked for a creamy pasta salad similar to the ones found in the supermarket deli. Here it is! This is even better the next day so if you can make it the night before your picnic, even better! I love the texture of the diced capsicum, celery and spring onions so I choose not to chop in my thermo mixer. This is excellent alongside our Sticky Balsamic Drumsticks or Tomato, Prosciutto & Zucchini Slice. - Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Perfectly creamy with hints of capsicum and garlic. Very similar to the shops creamy pasta without all the added nasties!" - Kristi
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes + chilling time
Serves 6 as a side dish
Cannot be frozen
- pasta - 300g, of choice (*can use GF)
- carrot - 1, small, roughly chopped
- cheese - 100g, tasty, cubed (*can omit for DF)
- garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- mayonnaise - 150g, whole egg, see Tea Party Issue for recipe
- sour cream - 150g, or creme fraiche (*use mayonnaise for DF)
- capsicum - 1/2, red, diced
- celery - 2 stalks, diced
- spring onions - 2, sliced
- fresh parsley - handful, or rocket, roughly chopped
- Cook pasta according to packet directions on the stove. Once cooked, drain using your steaming attachment lower dish or colander. Place into a large bowl and allow to cool completely.
- Place carrot (1) into the bowl. Grate Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Pour into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add cheese (100g) to bowl. Grate Speed 7 / 6 seconds. Add cheese mixture to the carrot in the bowl.
- Add garlic powder (1/2 tsp), mayonnaise (150g), sour cream (150g), diced capsicum (1/2), diced celery (2 stalks), spring onions (2) and parsley to bowl. Combine Speed 4 / 6 seconds.
- Add the above dressing to pasta with the grated cheese and carrot and stir to combine. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Allow to completely cool in the fridge before serving.
Transport this salad in a sealed airtight container with an ice pack. Don't forget to pack the salad servers!