Creamy Mushroom Soup
This creamy mushroom soup is an excellent choice as the starter for a dinner party. Its texture is perfect for pairing with a slice of baguette to dip. You can also add some roasted mushroom slices to take it up a notch. Fancy dinner with no hassle.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A very quick and easy winter warming soup, that tasted delicious. Was told that I could definitely make it again!" - Kirsty
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- olive oil - 20g
- mushrooms - 250g, brown
- water - 700g
- milk - 200g
- vegetable stock - 1 cube or 2 tsp vegetable stock paste
- plain flour - 40g (*can use GF)
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- double cream - 100g
- fresh parsley - 4-5, sprigs
- gouda cheese - 2 slices
- Place the onion (1) and garlic clove (1) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 2 seconds.
- Add oil (20g). Program 3 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the mushrooms (250g) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Add water (700g), milk (200g), stock cube (1), flour (40g) and salt (1/2 tsp). Program 9:30 minutes / 100C / Speed 3.
- Add the double cream (100g), parsley (4-5 sprigs) and gouda (2 slices) in small pieces to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 90C / Speed 2.
- You can serve as is or to make a smooth soup simply blending the soup Speed 8 / 30 seconds. Start on Speed 4, then slowly move up to Speed 8. Please read your machine's user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Serve hot.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.