Creamy Garlic Prawns and Sun Dried Tomato Spaghetti
We love quick and easy meals that we can have on the table in no time. This recipe has been shared with us by Shanai from Kids Eat by Shanai (kidseatbyshanai.com). Shanai notes, "If you don’t have time to cook the prawns, just buy frozen precooked prawns and add them to the sauce to warm through... will still be delicious and makes it a super quick and easy midweek dinner!"
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This was a quick and delicious dinner that everybody loved.” - Kristen
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- dried spaghetti - 300g (*can use GF)
- olive oil - 15g
- prawns - 500g, raw, peeled and deveined (prepared weight)
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- butter - 15g
- cream - 150g, thickened (or more for a saucier pasta)
- sun dried tomatoes - 6, thinly sliced
- lemon - 1, juice only
- baby spinach - handful, leaves, thinly sliced
- fresh parsley - handful, leaves only, to serve
- Cook the spaghetti (300g) according to packet instructions. Drain once cooked.
- Heat the olive oil (15g) in a medium frying pan over high heat.
- Cook the peeled prawns (500g) for 1 minute on each side or until they are just cooked through. Remove from the pan.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the butter (15g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 110C* / Speed 1.
- Add the thickened cream (150g), sliced sun dried tomatoes (6), lemon juice (from 1 lemon) and sliced spinach (handful) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Add the drained spaghetti to the sauce and toss to coat well.
- Stir in the cooked prawns and parsley leaves (handful) and season well with salt and pepper.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.