Creamy Garlic Mushroom Linguine
A creamy vegetarian pasta dish to feed a hungry family, without costing an arm and leg! If you like, add 400g diced smoked bacon or ham in Step 3 for a delicious flavour twist.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A quick and easy pasta meal! You could add some chicken to make this a more filling meal if you wanted to." - Kirsty
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes + 10 minutes sitting time
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- pasta - 500g, dried linguine
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- eschallots - 2, peeled and halved
- mushrooms - 250g, button, halved and thinly sliced
- butter - 15g
- plain flour - 1 Tbsp
- milk - 600g, full fat
- Parmesan cheese - 100g, grated
- fresh parsley - 1/2 bunch, finely diced
- Alternate serving suggestions:
- bacon - 400g, smoked
- Cook the linguine (500g) according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- If you need to grate your cheese, add cubed Parmesan cheese (100g) to the bowl and grate Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (3) and halved eschallots (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Add the sliced mushrooms (250g), butter (15g) and plain flour (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add the milk (600g) and grated Parmesan cheese (100g) to the bowl. Program 16 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- Combine the sauce, linguine and diced parsley (1/2 bunch) in the mixer bowl. Stir to combine and allow to sit for 10 minutes, covered, to allow the sauce to thicken slightly before serving.