Creamy Egg Salad
We are LOVING this creamy egg salad recipe. Whether it be served in a bread roll, as pictured, or as a yummy LCHF option, it is so tasty.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The eggs were very delicious. Master 5 declared them the best egg sandwiches ever!" - Tracey
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- water - 500g, hot tap
- eggs - 8
- spring onion - 1, roughly chopped
- mayonnaise - 50g (make your own with the Mayonnaise recipe from this issue)
- sour cream - 50g
- curry powder - 1 tsp (make your own with the Curry Powder recipe from this issue)
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Add hot tap water (500g) to the bowl.
- Place the whole eggs (8) into the internal steaming basket and set the basket into place. Program 14 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Carefully remove basket from bowl with the machine's spatula. Drain the water.
- Run eggs under cold water to cool.
- Place spring onion (1) into the clean, dry bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Peel eggs and place into bowl.
- Add mayonnaise (50g), sour cream (50g), curry powder (1 tsp), salt and pepper to the bowl. Combine Speed 3 / 4 seconds, until just chopped.
*Water, salt and pepper are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Add 3 Tbsp freshly chopped coriander in Step 7.
- Serve with fresh lettuce leaves for an LCHF option.
- Serve on a standard bread roll for a non-LCHF option, or use the LCHF Bread Rolls recipe from The Packed Lunch Issue as an alternative.