Creamy Curried Caulisotto
Oh boy, tasty one pot wonder coming right up! It has been shared with us by Bec Allum from Thermobexta, from her book Main Meals Made Easy. We love that it is flavoursome, like a risotto, but so much lighter from using cauliflower instead of rice. And what a great way of getting an extra serve of veggies in! Wait until cauliflower is in season and pick one up when the prices drop.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I was really surprised to discover how much our whole family liked this one, and it really went a long way too!" - Bec
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- cauliflower - 400g, broken into florets
- onion - 150g, brown peeled and roughly chopped
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- olive oil - 20g, extra virgin
- curry powder - 1-2 tsp (adjust to suit your own taste)
- mushrooms - 200g, quartered
- green beans - 100g, or asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-2cm lengths
- capsicum - 100g, red, diced into bite-size pieces
- peas - 100g, green, frozen
- coconut cream - 100g
- vegetable stock - 30g, paste concentrate
- eggs - 1-2 per person (*optional, omit for EF)
- Make cauliflower rice by placing the cauliflower (400g) into the bowl and processing for Reverse+Speed 4 / 15-20 seconds, measuring cap on, or until no large chunks remain. Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Without washing the bowl, add the onion (150g), garlic cloves (2) and oil (20g). Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds, measuring cap on. Scrape down sides.
- Program 4 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1, measuring cap off.
- Add curry powder (1-2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Steaming Temperature / Stirring Speed, measuring cap off. If the onions are quite dry when you add the powder, add a dash more water now too.
- Insert the whisk attachment. Add the cauliflower rice, mushrooms (200g), beans (100g), capsicum (100g), peas (100g), coconut cream (100g) and stock paste (30g) to the bowl. Program 14 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, fry eggs (1-2 per person) to your liking (optional).
- Taste caulisotto and season with salt and pepper if required.
- Serve topped with eggs (optional, omit for a more budget friendly option).