Creamy Chicken and Cauliflower Soup
This delicious soup was created by Nikalene Riddle from Skinnymixers when she was following a restrictive elimiation diet that didn't allow cooking with fats (the HCG Protocol by Cyndi O'Meara). It's hard to believe that such a healthy recipe can taste so creamy and rich. This recipe is great for anyone calorie counting or fussy partners who don't like "diet food". You can also steam and shred extra chicken at the same time (up to 1kg!) for quick freezer lunches.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Delicious, creamy soup. We used The 4 Blades Malaysian Meat Curry Powder because we had some already and it was yummo. Quick, easy and healthy dinner. Super tasty and loved by the whole family." - Naomi
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- cauliflower - 800g, roughly chopped
- water - 600g
- chicken stock - 1.5-2 Tbsp, or vegetable stock concentrate
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked
- chicken breast - 800g, diced into chunks
- seasoning of choice - for chicken (try this issue's Cajun Seasoning Mix)
- butter - 30g (*omit for DF)
- Add cauliflower (800g) to mixer bowl. Blitz Reverse+Speed 4 / 6 seconds.
- Add water (600g), stock (1.5-2 Tbsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to bowl.
- Add chicken (800g) and seasoning of choice to the steaming attachment upper tray and set it in place. Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Break chicken up with spatula.
- If using butter (30g), add it to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- With the steaming attachment still in place, program 1 minute / Speed 9. Put soup aside in a large bowl.
- Add cooked chicken to the mixer bowl. No need to clean it! Shred Reverse+Speed 4 / 4 seconds.
- Serve soup with shredded chicken sprinkled on top.