Creamy Cauliflower Za’atar Chicken
This recipe and photo have been shared with us by Megan Ellam.
"A great meal with loads of veg and a truly memorable sauce. Easy and packed full of hidden vegetables! Even the cauliflower haters will struggle to not love this recipe." - Megan
Recipe Tester Feedback: "It was a tasty weeknight dinner, the Za'atar spice mix is a lovely flavour and the creamy cauliflower sauce was lovely on the vegetables and chicken." - Tracey
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- cauliflower - 1/2, small, broken into florets
- bacon - 1 rasher
- onion - 50g, peeled
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- butter - 25g
- pumpkin - 100g, cooked, chopped
- jalapeños - 5g, diced, optional
- vegetable stock - 30g, paste
- cream - 200g
- cream cheese - 75g
- water - 120g
- chicken breasts - 2, skin on
- Za’atar seasoning - 1 tsp
- paprika - 1/2 tsp, smoked
- butter - 25g
- mushrooms - 6 large, diced
- cheese - 100g, grated (Megan recommends Monterey Jack style cheese)
- If you need to grate your cheese, add cubed cheese to the bowl (100g) and grate Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the cauliflower florets (from 1/2 head) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the bacon (1 rasher), onion (50g), garlic cloves (2) and butter (25g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the prepared cauliflower to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 98C / Speed 1. Alternatively, you can cook the mix in a frying pan.
- Add the pumpkin (100g), jalapeños (5g), vegetable stock paste (30g), cream (200g), cream cheese (75g) and water (120g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 95C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Season the chicken breasts (2) with the Za'atar seasoning (1 tsp) and paprika (1/2 tsp).
- Add the butter (25g) to a frying pan over medium heat. Place the chicken skin side down and cook until golden, then flip.
- Add the mushrooms (6) to the frying pan and cook until golden and cooked through.
- Move the chicken and mushrooms to a small deep baking dish, along with the sauce. Top with grated cheese (100g).
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Cut each chicken breast in half and ladle the sauce over.
- Serve with a green salad.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites