Creamy Cauliflower Soup With Bacon & Parmesan
Do you love creamy dishes, but your body tells you otherwise? The same thing happens to the lovely Lucy from Bake Play Smile, which is why she created this soup!
"I’ve come up with the perfect cauliflower soup recipe for someone who LOVES creamy soups, but without any actual cream! Seriously, this tastes so creamy you would swear it has cream in it. But I pinky promise it doesn’t."
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I've seen a description on a café menu of a soup similar to this and I am so happy I can now make it at home, it's divine! Made even better by how quick and easy it is to make." - Samantha
Quick Dinner Option: Leftover soup is great stirred through cooked pasta. Pour into a casserole dish, top with a little grated cheese and bake until golden.
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 35 minutes
Can be frozen
- Parmesan cheese - 60g
- cauliflower - 1kg, cut into small florets
- vegetable stock - 1kg, liquid, or to maximum line
- sea salt - to season
- pepper - to season
- bacon - 150g, cut into small pieces
- butter - 20g
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place the Parmesan cheese (60g) into the bowl and grate Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Place the chopped cauliflower (1kg) and vegetable stock (1kg, but do not let water line exceed maximum fill line) into the bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Program 25 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon pieces (150g) onto a baking tray and cook in the preheated oven until crispy (about 15-20 minutes).
- Add the butter (20g) to the bowl.
- Program 2 minutes /slowly increasing the speed to reach Speed 8. Process until completely smooth and creamy. Please read your machine's user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Add half of the Parmesan cheese (30g) and blend Speed 8 / 30 seconds.
- Serve the soup topped with the crispy bacon pieces and the remaining Parmesan cheese.