Creamy Cauliflower Bake
This is a yummy alternative to the traditional dairy-laden version, and makes a perfect vegetable accompaniment to our Hot Christmas Dinner. It's a great option for a vegan Christmas.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Very nice. It is a tasty dish and well worth the extra effort." - Sharon
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Serves 8 as a side
Cannot be frozen
- almonds - 50g (*omit for NF)
- nutritional yeast flakes - 30g
- salt - 1/2
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- olive oil - 15g
- cauliflower - 1, head, chopped into bite-size florets
- almond milk - 300g (note: do not use dairy milk, or the base of your mixer will scald; *use other milk for NF)
- paprika - 1/2 tsp
- tapioca starch - 1 Tbsp
- vegetable stock - 2 tsp, paste
- Add almonds (50g), yeast (10g only) and salt (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 6 seconds. Set aside.
- Add onion (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 1 second. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (15g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Stirring Speed.
- Rinse cauliflower florets (1 head) in the lower dish of the steaming attachment with running hot water from the tap. Set aside to drain.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add almond milk (300g), remaining nutritional yeast (20g), paprika (1/2 tsp), tapioca (1 Tbsp) and stock paste (2 tsp) to the bowl. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. At the end of this cooking time the cauliflower will be lightly steamed, but not at all cooked through. This step is just to start the cooking process for the cauliflower while the sauce is cooking.
- Carefully empty the cauliflower into an ovenproof dish. Pour sauce over the cauliflower and then top with the yeast / nut mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the lid and continue to bake for another 10-20 minutes before serving.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites