‘Cream' of Mushroom Soup
We have a secret to tell you about this one. It is a "cream" of mushroom soup, but this is actually a vegan recipe. Even if you aren't vegan, it's a delicious recipe that we think you will love. Absolutely perfect for the cooler months!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I love mushrooms, so this was a very yummy soup. A nice depth of flavour. Loved it and would make again." - Kristen
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 32 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1 large, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- oil - 20g
- mushrooms - 2, portobello, stalk removed and roughly chopped
- mushrooms - 80g, shiitake, stalk removed and roughly chopped
- fresh thyme - 1 Tbsp, leaves
- fresh parsley - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- vegetable stock - 60g, paste
- water - 940g
- cashew nuts - 120g, raw, ground
- If you need to grind your cashews, add cashews (120g) to the bowl and grind Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Place onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) into bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g), portobello mushrooms (2), shiitake mushrooms (80g) and white button mushrooms (100g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add thyme (1 Tbsp), parsley (1 Tbsp), stock paste (60g), water (940g) and ground cashews (120g) to the bowl. Program 26 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- You can serve as is or to make a smooth soup simply blend by gradually increasing the speed to Speed 8 / 30 seconds. Please read your machine’s user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Season soup with salt and pepper to taste.