Cream of Chicken Soup
Cream of anything soups are something we tend to head straight to the shop for, to purchase in a tinned variety. We rarely think to make it ourselves. This soup is not only easy, it tastes so much better than any tinned variety. Your family will be so impressed by this hearty winter soup!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "It was a very hearty, thickish soup that tasted amazing. So nice on our cold night tonight!" - Kirsty
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 23 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1 large, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- carrot - 1 small, roughly chopped
- celery - 1, stalk, roughly chopped
- cooked meat - 300g, chicken, leftover, shredded, (dark meat works best)
- fresh thyme - 1 Tbsp, leaves
- vegetable stock - 50g, paste (can use chicken)
- water - 750g
- plain flour - 40g (*can use GF)
- water - 100g, hot
- double cream - 200g
- croutons - to serve
- fresh parsley - chopped, to garnish
- Place onion (1), garlic cloves (2), carrot (1) and celery (1 stalk) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add chicken (300g), thyme (1 Tbsp), stock paste (50g) and water (750g) to bowl. Program 15 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Combine plain flour (40g) and hot water (100g) in a separate bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Pour flour mixture through hole in the lid. Program 8 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Add double cream (200g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 2 / 10 seconds.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Serve with croutons and fresh chopped parsley.