Cream of Celery Soup
Celery is surprisingly easy to grow, and this soup is a great way to use it up! Fresh and flavoursome and oh so easy. Give it a try the next time you have half a celery stalk left after making your vegetable stock paste.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Very easy and simple, but very tasty at the same time! I will definitely be making it again, with some nice homemade crusty bread." - Gerri
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 27 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- onions - 2, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 4, peeled
- celery - 1/2 bunch, stalks washed and cut into chunks
- butter - 100g
- cornflour - 40g
- chicken stock - 50g, paste
- water - 750g
- milk - 250g
- fresh chives - 1/2 bunch, chopped finely
- Add the onions (2), garlic cloves (4) and celery (1/2 bunch) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the butter (100g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the cornflour (40g), stock paste (50g), water (750g) and milk (250g) to the bowl. Program 22 minutes / 90C / Speed 4, measuring cap on.
- Serve garnished with chives (1/2 bunch). Season with salt and pepper to suit your tastes.