Cranberry Pecan Cake
This recipe has been shared with us by Sophia Handschuh from Thermomix Baking Blogger. Cranberries and pecans are such a great combination, and what could be better than a lovely cake packed with delicious flavours and spices for your White Christmas Dinner dessert? This cake could also be served as an upside down cake. Simply tip it upside down once baked and you will have wonderfully caramelised pecans and cranberries at the top. You can serve it warm with fresh ice cream or have it cold with a dollop of whipped cream.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This recipe was super easy to make, looked great and tasted even better. Great for kids' lunchboxes, a treat or in the lead up to the festive season and even as a Christmas Day dessert." - Sally
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 45-50 minutes
Can be frozen
- pecans - 100g, halved
- cranberries - 300g, fresh (can use frozen, but defrost first)
- demerara sugar - 50g (can use raw)
- eggs - 4, large
- caster sugar - 200g
- plain flour - 200g
- butter - 200g
- salt - pinch
- baking powder - 1 Tbsp
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- cinnamon - 1/2 tsp, ground
- oranges - 2, zest only
- ice cream - vanilla, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- Toast the pecans (100g) in a large nonstick frying pan until browned and aromatic, then tip into the bottom of the square tin. Scatter over the cranberries (300g) and sprinkle with sugar (50g).
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (200g) and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- Add the eggs (4), sugar (200g), plain flour (200g), butter (200g), salt (pinch), baking powder (1 Tbsp), vanilla (1 tsp), cinnamon (1/2 tsp) and orange zest (from 2 oranges) in the bowl. Combine Speed 5 / 30 seconds.
- Pour into the tin and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes until golden brown and baked through.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack and leave to cool before serving with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!