Cranberry Macadamia Stuffed Turkey
This turkey is sure to impress this festive season. It's full of delicious flavour! Sure, you can cook this turkey without the stuffing, but this flavour combination is really something else. If you want to omit the stuffing, simply fill the cavity of the turkey with lemon wedges and lots of thyme and sage.
Contains: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variation: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes per 500g of Turkey
Cooked meat can be frozen
- whole turkey - Size 38 or larger if preferred
- olive oil - 2 Tbsp, garlic infused if possible
- pepper - 1 tsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- paprika - 1/2 tsp
- fresh sage - 10, leaves
- fresh thyme - 10 sprigs
- bread - 4 slices (*or 100g of rice crumbs for GF)
- macadamia nuts - 80g
- cranberries - 100g
- fresh thyme - 3 sprigs, leaves only
- fresh sage - 4, leaves
- salt - pinch
- pepper - pinch
- egg - 1
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line baking dish with baking paper.
- Wash out the inside of the turkey if required.
- Place bread (4 slices) and macadamias (80g) into the bowl. Speed 7 until course crumbs form. Only a few seconds.
- Add cranberries (100g), thyme (3 sprigs), sage (4 leaves), pinch of salt and pepper and egg (1). Speed 4 until mixed through.
- Place stuffing inside of turkey.
- Drizzle the turkey with oil (2 Tbsp). Sprinkle the pepper (1 tsp), salt (1 tsp) and paprika (1/2 tsp) over the top. Place the sage leaves (10) and thyme sprigs (3) in the joints and under the wings of the turkey.
- Cover with aluminium foil and place into the oven.
- You will need to cook this for 30 minutes per 500g. You can baste with any pan juices every 30 minutes if desired. In the last 30 minutes of cooking, remove the aluminium foil to brown the skin. Always check your turkey is completely cooked through before serving.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.