Cranberry Macadamia Granola
This thoughtful gift is particularly beautiful when presented in a large glass jar with a tartan ribbon. Don't forget to include a recipe card so they can make it for themselves once the jar is empty!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A lovely mix without all the preservatives and not expensive like store-brought granolas. So easy to whip up, and it makes a truckload!" - Prue
No: Dairy / Egg
Contains: Gluten / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30-45 minutes
Makes 1.5kg of granola
Can be frozen
- Oil mixture:
- coconut oil - 80g
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- maple syrup - 40g
- Oats mixture:
- coconut - 100g, shredded
- cinnamon - 2 Tbsp, ground
- oats - 750g
- almonds - 100g, slivered (*omit for NF)
- macadamia nuts - 150g (*omit for NF)
- pepitas - 100g
- sunflower kernels - 200g
- flaxseeds - 60g, meal
- chia seeds - 15g
- cranberries - 100g, dried
- milk - or yoghurt, to serve, optional (*omit for DF)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- If you need to make your own flaxseed meal, add whole flaxseeds (60g) and grind Speed 10 / 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Add coconut oil (80g), vanilla (1 tsp) and maple syrup (40g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 50C / Speed 2, or until melted.
- Line ovenproof dishes with baking paper.
- Combine the coconut (100g), cinnamon (2 Tbsp), oats (750g), almonds (100g), macadamia nuts (150g), pepitas (100g) and sunflower kernels (200g) in a large bowl and spread evenly between both dishes.
- Pour the oil mix over the granola mixture.
- Use a large spoon to mix well.
- Place into the oven. Cook for 30-45 minutes to get a nice golden colour.
- Stir the mixture every 10 minutes or so to avoid any burnt sections.
- Remove from oven. Add flaxseed meal (60g), chia seeds (15g) and cranberries (100g) to mixture. Combine well.
- Once cool, serve with milk or yoghurt, or store in an airtight container.