Cranberry Almond Muesli Bars
These bars are so quick and easy. They have been shared with us by Gabrielle from Kitch'n Thyme. They don't require baking so they take no time at all to make! They are full of nutritious seeds and nuts, with a much lower sugar content than store bought packaged bars. Oh, and they don't cost the earth! They do have oats in them, so they aren’t gluten free. However, you can make them gluten free quite easily. To do so, omit the oats and replace with 100g of either gluten free puffed rice, cornflakes, quinoa flakes, extra nuts, seeds or coconut flakes or a mixture of all of them! Gabrielle has created this recipe using organic ingredients where possible.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I really loved these muesli bars, and it makes so much! They are a delicious family friendly, adaptable muesli bar. I love that you can cater for everyone in the family by adjusting the ingredients to suit. No oven required!" - Kylie
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 30 minutes + setting time
Can be frozen
- oats - 100g, rolled (*or GF alternative)
- sunflower kernels - 80g
- pepitas - 80g
- sesame seeds - 50g
- desiccated coconut - 80g
- almonds - 80g, roasted, halved (*replace with seeds for NF)
- cranberries - 50g, unsweetened
- coconut - 50g, chips
- chia seeds - 30g
- honey - 130g
- coconut sugar - 50g
- butter - 130g (*or coconut oil or DF spread)
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over medium heat. Toast the oats (100g) until golden brown and then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Place a large bowl on lid of thermomixer and weigh in the following: sunflower kernels (80g), pumpkin seeds (80g), sesame seeds (50g) and desiccated coconut (80g). Transfer to the frying pan. Toast until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to the large mixing bowl.
- Add the almonds (80g), cranberries (50g), coconut chips (50g) and chia seeds (30g) to the large mixing bowl and toss well to combine.
- Place the honey (130g), sugar (50g), butter (130g) and vanilla (1 tsp) into the mixer bowl. Program 8 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Pour the hot mix over the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly with a spatula. Pour the mix into the prepared tray and press down firmly and smooth with your hands.
- Refrigerate until set firm, about 1-2 hours. Once set, cut into bars and place into an airtight container. Store in the fridge.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine