Cowboy Chicken and Bean Stew
Tasty, filling, not too many ingredients... very camp-site friendly! This stew freezes and defrosts well, so you may wish to make it ahead of time so it's ready when you need it. Full of flavour, this one is set to become an easy family favourite.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This recipe was quick, easy and jam packed with flavour that everyone enjoyed! There is no need for boring food when you are away from home!" - Lauren
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- bacon - 6 rashers, smoked streaky, in small pieces
- olive oil - 20g
- chicken thigh - 1kg, skinless and boneless
- paprika - 1 Tbsp, smoked
- tinned tomatoes - 400g, chopped
- four bean mix - 400g tin, drained and rinsed
- BBQ sauce - 150g
- dried oregano - 1 tsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- rice - pasta or corn chips, to serve (*ensure GF and EF if required)
- fresh coriander - to serve, optional
- Place the onion (1) and bacon (6 rashers) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (20g). Program 5 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1, measuring cap off.
- Meanwhile, chop the chicken (1kg) in small pieces. Add them to the bowl with the paprika (1 Tbsp). Program 5 minutes / 120C* / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap off.
- Add the tinned tomatoes (400g), mixed beans (400g tin), barbecue sauce (150g), oregano (1 tsp) and salt (1 tsp). Gently mix through with your spatula so that all meat is covered with the seasonings. Program 20 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed Stir. Sit the internal steaming basket on the lid to avoid spatter.
- Serve immediately with rice, pasta or corn chips. Garnish with fresh coriander.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.