Couscous Salad with Harissa Chicken
This colourful salad (that works as a lunch or dinner!) has been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra, from her new book Quick Dinners. It has a beautiful combination of flavours, with freshness from the spinach, tomato and pomegranate. Add this to the rotation! Whilst the couscous and salad is best prepared fresh, you could easily freeze the seasoned chicken breasts either cooked or raw, ready to go when you need them!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I loved this meal because most of the ingredients are ones that I have all the time in the cupboard and fridge and it is a quick meal to make. I'm certainly going to do this one again especially to have for a quick lunch to take to work." - Shannon
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- garlic clove - 1
- chicken stock - 340g
- couscous - 260g (*serve with cooked quinoa for a GF alternative)
- chicken breasts - 2
- harissa paste - 1 Tbsp
- macadamia oil - for frying
- fresh parsley - small handful
- baby spinach - 60g
- olive oil - 60g
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
- salt - to taste
- cherry tomatoes - 250g, quartered
- yoghurt - to serve (*optional, omit for DF)
- pomegranate - arils, to serve (optional)
- Place garlic (1) in bowl and chop Speed 5 / 4 seconds
- Add chicken stock (340g) and heat for 6 minutes / 100C / Speed 3 or until 100C is reached.
- Place couscous (260g) in a small bowl and pour hot stock over the top. Cover and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place chicken breasts (2) between baking mats or baking paper and bash with a rolling pin until they are of equal thickness across the whole breast. Brush each side with harissa paste (1 Tbsp).
- Heat macadamia oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook breasts for 4 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
- Place parsley (small handful) and spinach (60g) in dry machine bowl, chop Speed 5 / 2 seconds.
- Add olive oil (60g), lemon juice (1/2) and salt (to taste), and mix Revers+Speed 3 / 3 seconds. Add mixture to couscous and fluff using a fork, then toss together with tomatoes (250g).
- Divide couscous between serving bowls and top with thinly sliced chicken and a dollop of yoghurt (optional).
- Garnish with pomegranate arils.