Corned Beef Fritters
These super yummy, crunchy fritters are a fabulous way to use up any leftover corned beef, like from the Corned Beef Silverside with Mustard Sauce on the previous page.. They are quick and easy to prepare, and go well with eggs for breakfast, on their own for a snack or with some vegetables at dinner time.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "First, let me say that I LOVE the corned beef but this has taken it to a whole new level. I would make corned beef just to make these fritters. They are divine! I suggested to hubby that I make something else with the rest of the leftover corned beef the next night and he laughed and said 'No way!'... so we will be having fritters again and I will absolutely make these again!" - Bec
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- pecorino cheese - 60g, or Parmesan cheese
- corned beef - 250g, cooked
- milk of choice - 70g
- eggs - 2
- tapioca starch - 90g, or plain flour (*use tapioca for GF)
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- paprika - 1 tsp
- garlic granules - 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 120C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the cheese (60g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 3 seconds.
- Add beef (250g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 2 seconds.
- Add the milk (70g), eggs (2), tapioca or plain flour (90g), baking powder (1 tsp), paprika (1 tsp) and garlic granules (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Heat frying pans and some oil over medium heat.
- Put a dollops of mixture (approx. dessertspoon sized) over the pans, and press down with the back of the spoon.
- Once you have covered the surface of your frying pans, set the timer for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, flip the fritters and reset the timer for 2 minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer to the oven on a baking tray to keep warm and crispy.
- Repeat steps 6-8 with remaining mixture.