Corn and Spinach Fritters
Grab that tin of corn kernels and mix it with some fabulously fresh spinach and you have these tasty fritters that are not only delicious, but pretty good for you too! Use the nut free option as a healthy and budget friendly addition to lunchboxes.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Not only are these fritters delicious, they are easy, quick and thrifty. They could be served warm for dinner or cold in lunchboxes. They recipe is very versatile and you could easily swap the vegetables." - Sharree
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20-30 minutes
Makes 16 small fritters
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, small, peeled and quartered
- baby spinach - 40g leaves
- eggs - 2
- tapioca starch - 100g, or almond flour (*use tapioca for NF)
- Parmesan cheese - 100g, grated
- corn - 400g tin, kernels
- salt - to taste
- oil - for frying
- sour cream - for topping, optional
- If you need to grate your own cheese, add cheese (100g) and grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Place onion (1) and spinach (40g) into bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the eggs (2), tapioca (100g), Parmesan cheese (100g), corn (400g tin), salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides. Repeat.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium to high heat. Add a drizzle of oil.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of mixture into the pan. Flatten slightly. Repeat until you have 3-4 in the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes before flipping over and cooking for another 3-4 minutes.
- Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Serve warm topped with a little sour cream.