Coriander, Lemon & Lime Chicken Salad
This is a perfect fresh and zingy salad to make the night before so that it'sready and raring to go when you are! Giving the flavours an opportunity todevelop overnight makes the chicken truly delicious, with the added bonus that you have a yummy healthy lunch to enjoy! It's also an easy dinner to make ahead of time that you can have sitting in the fridge during the day, ready to eat when you get home!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This oil free salad provides a healthy, tasty lunch option - gotta love coriander!" - Jane
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes + overnight marinating time
Cannot be frozen
- Coriander, lemon & lime chicken:
- water - 500g hot
- chicken breast - 1, large
- lime - 1, zest and juice
- lemon - 1, zest and juice
- fresh coriander - 1/4 bunch
- salt - to season
- pepper - to season
- lettuce - 1, baby cos, shredded
- capsicum - 1/2, red, cut into thin strips
- cucumber - 1/2 , Lebanese, seeds removed and diced
- spring onion - 1, finely sliced
- cherry tomatoes - 6, halved or quartered
- fresh coriander - for garnishing
- Fill mixer bowl with 500g hot water. Insert internal steaming basket.
- Place chicken breast (1) into internal steaming basket. Cook for 20 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Check the chicken is cooked through. Continue cooking if necessary.
- Allow chicken to cool slightly, remove with tongs to a cutting board then slice thinly.
- Place chicken into a bowl.
- Add zest and juice from the lemon (1) and lime (1) and coriander (1/4 bunch) to the chicken and stir to cover well. Season with salt and pepper (if needed).
- Place into the fridge to cool and allow the flavours to develop. Overnight is best.
- Add salad ingredients to a container or bowl. Top with the chicken and additional coriander.