Coriander and Cumin Yoghurt Marinade
So easy, yet so tasty! Bang these ingredients together and give them a good old mix in your machine, then marinate your meat and leave it in the fridge overnight. The next day, just throw them on the grill. Now you have yourself a wonderful tasting BBQ meal!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “The marinade helped to soften the meat considerably, and it tasted pleasantly spicy, warm and very flavoursome." - Monika
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + overnight marinating time
Cooking Time 12-16 minutes
Makes enough for 2kg meat
Can be frozen before or after cooking
You will need:
- chicken thigh - 2kg, or lamb backstraps
- salad of choice - to serve
- garlic cloves - 4, peeled
- lime juice - 20g, fresh
- olive oil - 30g
- yoghurt - 200g, Greek
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/4 tsp, ground black
- cumin - 1 tsp, ground
- dried coriander - 1 tsp, ground
- turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- ginger - 1/2 tsp, ground
- mustard seeds - 1 tsp, brown
- chilli flakes - 1/2 tsp, mild
- fresh coriander - small handful, leaves only
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (4) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the lime juice (20g), olive oil (30g), Greek yoghurt (200g), salt (1 tsp), ground black pepper (1/4 tsp), ground cumin (1 tsp), ground coriander (1 tsp), turmeric (1/2 tsp), ground ginger (1/2 tsp), brown mustard seeds (1 tsp), mild chilli flakes (1/2 tsp) and fresh coriander leaves (small handful) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 7 until combined.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken thighs (2kg) and allow to marinate overnight.
- Fire up the BBQ.
- Cook the chicken over a high heat for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Serve with side salad of choice.