Coriander and Carrot Fritters with Coriander Dipping Sauce
Coriander is known for being difficult to grow. If there is a herb that is going to give you trouble, it's this one. If you have mastered it and have a luscious green plant growing, this recipe is for you! If not, coriander is an inexpensive herb to purchase at the supermarket. Carrots and coriander just go so well together.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A tasty snack for lazy BBQ days." - Sue
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Makes 30 fritters
Can be frozen
- fresh coriander - 1 bunch
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- lemon - 1 strip, peel
- yoghurt - 200g, Greek
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- onion - 1/2, peeled
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp
- fresh coriander - 4 Tbsp
- carrots - 500g
- eggs - 2
- plain flour - 100g
- olive oil
- Place coriander (1 bunch), garlic cloves (2) and lemon peel (1 strip) into the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 8 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add yoghurt (200g), salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 8 seconds.
- Pour into a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- To the clean dry bowl, add the garlic clove (1), onion (1/2), parsley (2 Tbsp) and coriander (4 Tbsp). Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the carrots (500g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 6 / 3 seconds, or until an evenly grated consistency has been reached.
- Add the eggs (2) and plain flour (100g) to the bowl. Mix on Reverse+Speed 3 / 6 seconds, or until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl, ensuring it is well combined. Allow to sit in the refrigerator while you are preparing the frying pan.
- Place a drizzle of oil into a frying pan over medium heat.
- Place a tablespoon of the mixture into the pan. Flatten so it is a nice thin fritter. Repeat until you have 4 or 5 in the pan.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until golden and the carrot is cooked.
- Drain on paper towel. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for the remaining batter, cleaning out the pan and adding more oil if required.
- Serve with a small dollop of sauce on top.