Cold Chilli Noodles
This deliciously healthy alternative to packaged noodles has been shared with us by Tenina. It's perfect to make ahead of time and serve as a side dish at your Asian BBQ.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Easy flavourful side dish. Very light and fresh for noodles! Great side, but filling enough to be eaten on it’s own – definitely great leftover lunch too." - Margaret
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variation: Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- rice noodles - 400g, or preferred noodles e.g. udon (*ensure GF if required)
- water - 1L
- eschallots - 2 (small, brown with paper-like skin)
- garlic cloves - 2
- paprika - 2 tsp, sweet
- cayenne pepper - 1 tsp
- chillies - 2, dried, soaked in boiling water
- miso paste - 55g
- rice wine vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- shrimp paste - 1 tsp
- soy sauce - 2 Tbsp (*use tamari for GF)
- honey - 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar - 2 Tbsp, dark
- sesame oil - 2 Tbsp, toasted
- sesame seeds - 2 Tbsp, toasted
- sea salt - to taste
- cabbage - red or green
- sprouts - of choice
- spring onions
- kimchi - optional
- sesame leaves - shredded
- eggs - 2 - 3, hard boiled (*omit for EF)
- Place noodles (400g) and water (1L) into bowl and cook 10 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1. Note that with rice (or other GF) noodles it is best to cook according to the packet instructions to avoid noodles becoming mushy in your mixer.
- Drain noodles and plunge into cold water. Keep in insulated serving bowl in cold water until ready to assemble.
- Place eschalots (2), garlic (2), paprika (2 tsp), cayenne pepper (1 tsp), chillies (2), miso paste (55g), rice wine vinegar (2 Tbsp), shrimp paste (1 tsp), soy sauce (2 Tbsp), honey (2 Tbsp), dark brown sugar (2 Tbsp), toasted sesame oil (2 Tbsp), sesame seeds (2 Tbsp) and sea salt (to taste) into bowl.
- Blend Speed 6 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 1.
- Meanwhile prepare your garnishes: lettuce, cabbage, carrots, cucumber, sprouts, spring onions, kimchi, sesame leaves and eggs. Boil, shred or julienne as needed.
- Stir sauce through noodles and top with all prepped garnishes before serving.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.